And the golden Lion is awarded to… Todd Phillips! The jury, chaired by Lucrecia Martel, has been awarded the precious trophy of the 76th edition of the Mostra of Venice, the american film director for Joker . Worn by Joaquin Phoenix in the peak of his art, this initiatory story about the worst enemy of Batman has been unanimously praised by the press during his presentation last Saturday, making it one of the favorites of the press and foreign and Italian on the Lido. Joker succeeds Roma in the top of the Lido.
” READ ALSO – Mostra 2019: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker prodigious that has beautiful days of shivering in front of him
Two Lions of money have been handed over to Roman Polanski (Grand Jury Prize, j’accuse ) and sweden’s Roy Andersson (best director, About Endlessness ). Despite the controversy, the new feature film from the director of Rosemary’s Baby won earlier in the day, the Fipresci prize (international Federation of film critics) international critics in Venice for its “elevated perspective” on the Dreyfus Affair, its ” mise en scène “rigorous and elegant”, his dialogues, “power” and the performance “exceptional” for the actors, said the organisation.
The Coupe Volpi for best female performer winner was Ariane Ascaride for her role in Gloria Mundi by Robert Guédiguian. In men, it is Luca Marinelli, who scooped the to Martin Eden , an adaptation of the novel of Jack London ” by Pietro Marcello. The comedian Italian has won the nose and beard of Joaquin Phoenix, tipped as a frontrunner at the upcoming Oscars for her performance in Joker .
The palermitain Franco Maresco has won the special jury prize for La mafia non è più quella di una volta , on the massacre of via d Ameli, while the filmmaker is hong kong’s Yonfan has received the best screenplay award for No.7 Cherry Lane , a full-length film focuses on the riots between pro-communists and the government in the former british colony in 1967.
● complete List:
* golden Lion: Joker Todd Phillips
* silver Lion – Jury’s Grand Prize: Roman Polanski for j’accuse
* silver Lion for best director: Roy Andersson for About Endlessness
* Cup Volpi for best actress: Ariane Ascaride for Gloria Mundi
* Cup Volpi for best actor: Luca Marinelli for Martin Eden
* best screenplay: No. 7 Cherry Lane of Yonfan
* special jury Prize: La mafia non è più quella di una volta of Francesco Maresco
* Price Marcello Mastroianni’s best hope: Toby Wallace for the Babyteeth
* Price Orizzonti best film: Atlantis of Valentyn Vasyanovych
* Price Orizzonti best director: Blanco en Blanco Theo Short
* Price Orizzonti special jury: Verdict of Raymund Ribay Gutierrez
* Price Orizzonti for best actress: Marta Nieto for Madre
* Price Orizzonti best actor: Sami Bouajila for A son
* Price Orizzonti best screenplay: Return by Jessica Palud, Philippe Lioret, and Diastema
* Price Orizzonti for best short film: Darling of Saim Sadiq
* Award Luigi De Laurentiis: You Will Die At Twenty of Amjad Abu Alala
* Prices Venice the Virtual Reality of the best virtual reality: The Key Céline Tricart
* Price Venice Virtual Reality the best experience in virtual reality: A Linha of Ricardo Laganaro
* Prices Venice the Virtual Reality of the best story-telling in virtual reality: Daughters of Chibok of Joel Kachi Benson
* Price Venezia Classici of the best film restored: Ecstasy by Gustav Machatý
* Price Venezia Classici award for best documentary on cinema to: Babenco – Tell Me When I Die , Barbara Paz